Friday, November 5, 2010

10 reasons why you would want to live in Lugano


“My rank is the highest known in Switzerland: I’m a free citizen.”
George Bernard Shaw

I dare say I absolutely agree with the great Mr.Shaw. The feeling of freedom (especially for the kids) is omnipresent. I must add though: as long as you obey the rules and there are many of them.
Living in Switzerland you need to adapt as in every country, but here the system works like clockwork and therefore so do you. Once you've accepted that, you're flying.

Here are the 10 best reasons I can think of why I like living in Lugano:

1. Breath taking nature
2. Good weather nearly all year round (micro-climate)
3. Swiss organization with Italian flair
4. Safe environment for the kids
5. Good public schools
6. Respect for others and environment
7. Excellent food
8. Good quality service (although expensive and only between 8am until 18:30 when everybody goes home for supper)
 9. Close to Milano (for shopping and cultural events)
10. Close to Engadin (for skiing and some jet-setting)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...