Saturday, April 13, 2013

When we were young....

“A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.”
Unknown

I am not sure if today's youth would still go through such trouble as to head south on a moped to spend a weekend in the Ticino but this video certainly made me smile.

I actually remember friends taking off from Zurich heading towards the sunshine over the Gotthard pass on their motorcycles. It was the early 80's. We were rebels supporting Radio 24, the first "free radio" which was broadcasting illegally from Monte Ceneri and Zürich's youngster were their biggest fan group.

Are their any other vintage Radio 24 fans out there?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember radio 24. Mid 80ies I moved from Northern Italy (close to the Swiss border)to Zurich. The song in this video is a bit 50ies/60ies, no? But I like the idea. Thanks for the memories...

Expat with Kids said...

Ahhh, someone who knows what I feel... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...