Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lugano Expat blog hits 10'000

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pine

Thank you, Grazie, Merci, Danke schön, Vile Dank, Gracias to all my readers around the world who have been following my adventure through my Lugano blog.

I have hit 10’000 pageviews today! Yupeeeehhhhhh!

When I began writing my Expatwithkids blog on October 27th of last year I had no idea where it would lead me. Much less did I expect to find a passion that has practically taken over my life. (I will need to remedy that soon!). What started as a simple idea, as in “Hmm, I wonder if this could work?”, has turned into a full-time activity on my beloved computer.

My Expatwithkids blog Facebook fans, Google followers and Networked blogs subscribers have slowly but steadily grown and I thank you for your support. I also thank all the anonymous readers who pop by my blog to discover Lugano news or else wonder about my latest inspiration.

My inspiration comes from my family, my friends, my everyday life, from Lugano, from Radio 3iii and Radio DRS1 (I dare admit this one) and of course from the wonderful world of web (www).  Day after day I endeavour to render my posts as relevant, educational, fun and interesting as possible for my eclectic flock of followers. Over the last 2 weeks readers started leaving comments which makes me pop out of bed in the morning to check my posts. My record pageview for one day was 203!

Try googling Lugano blog, Lugano expat or Lugano kids. Guess what?  My Lugano blog appears on the first page. This gives me a sensational satisfaction. Having given up a flourishing Sales&Marketing career so many years ago for my wonderful globetrotting life, the result of this 5 month adventure proves that I am still made of the same stuff and - wow - I have NOT lost my touch.

I dedicate this post to my father from whom I inherited an insatiable curiosity for people and life (he is probably googling Lugano up in heaven this very moment) and who in endless session of writing application essays for Amercian Universities taught me the art of English composition. It might not be perfect - but considering all my education had been in German until then - I do hope it is engaging.

9 comments:

linda@adventuresinexpatland.com said...

Great job - nice to see your hard work and passion pay off!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for using italian language
Il tuo grande impegno è stato premiato! Uau! 10000 visite al tuo splendido blog, continua cosí

Unknown said...

My dear Ingrid,
Congratulations on the wonderful news! You still have your "stuff"!!
Your too creative to lose it ;)xx
Cheryl

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Wow congrats!


I just found your blog through the Boost My Blog Friday Hop! Have a great weekend!


Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Christy said...

Hi! I'm completely jealous of all your travels, your life has been what my husband and I have always dreamed of! Switzerland is our second 'home' and we travel there often from Canada to visit our second family. My family is from Argentina and so it was nice to see you enjoyed some time there as well!
Following you from the friday hop!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I just started following you on both GFc and Networked Blogs. I love your blog. :)

Expat with Kids said...

Grazie mille to all of you for your hearty support.
Sending lots of sunshine your way. Un bacione!

Lorraine said...

OF COURSE you still have it!!!Never doubted your ability for a minute! Hats off to you, my friend!

Expat with Kids said...

Thanks Lorraine! Returning your good vibes ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...