“The ideal place for me is the one in which it is most natural to live as a foreigner.”
You know you are an Expat Kid because:
1. You can’t answer the question, “Where are you from?” (And when you do, you get into an elaborate conversation that gets everyone confused and/or makes you sound very spoiled.)
2. You flew before you could walk.
3. You have a passport, but no ID Card
4. You run into someone you know at every airport.
5. Your life story uses the phrase “Then we went to…” five times.
6. You know the luggage allowance for every flight to your location, and which airlines don’t weigh hand luggage.
7. You live at school and go home for vacation.
8. You’re suddenly doing playdates in three languages
9. Your second major is in a foreign language you already speak.
10. The best word for something is the word you learned first, regardless of the language.
11. You still use those words, even if you know what they are in English.
12. There are times when only your family knows what you're saying.
13. You mess-up your idioms without even thinking about it.
14. You know the true meaning of “football.” (and in your mind can hear the shout, “GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!”)
15. Your best friends are from 5 different countries.
16. You know that it truly is a small world.