Friday, May 17, 2019

Switzerland at the Eurovision finals

Call me old-fashioned but I do watch the Eurovision Finals ... some years. This time Switzerland has made it into the Finals with a song called "She got me" by Luca Hänni. Yes, he actually has a Swiss name! He is cute and he can sing. Luca was born in Bern and apparently taught himself to play guitar and the piano.

Most know that the Eurovision is an annual International song competition held primarily among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union... but did you know that the first contest, in which Switzerland competed with six other nations, was held in the town of Lugano on May 24th, 1956?

The Eurovision Grand Final takes place on Saturday, 18 May 2019 at 21:00 and I guess I'll be watching this year!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...