Thursday, May 30, 2019

A much needed breath of fresh air

Never the one to stay in Paris when the opportunity of "a pont" presents itself... Ascension allows our family to make the most of a long weekend. This time the Weather Gods were with us. After passing through torrential rain in Zurich airport last night, this morning the thermometer in Lugano claims 26°C and the sun is out. What a brilliant wake-up call!

The skies are as blue as the lake, the rolling hills covered in deep green foliage, birds are chirping and the air is fresh...but where has everyone gone? My hubby had to pop into Italy for a work commitment, Expat boy also skipped across the border with his friend for some Italian food, Expat girl has a lunch appointment with her bestie ... which leaves me all by myself?!? 

The day is spectacular and just too beautiful to spend at home, so I take myself off to the nearest mountain, park the car and head for the woods. Breathtaking views, overgrown trails, an invigorating pace and a need to clear my lungs as well as my head has me charging up, up and further into the thick of Ticino's nature paths.

Until all of a sudden I find myself on top of the world and I am at peace again!


View from Cademario carpark


Cademario village church


An enchanted path...


... leading to a secret spot...


... with a breathtaking view


Reaching Monte Cervello after a 90-minute hike


At peace with nature


THIS is what I miss when I'm in Paris!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...