Sunday, March 7, 2021

The power of food

It is normal to feel homesick when you are living away from your home but I start feeling homesick when I return to Switzerland. This manifests itself especially in delicious food. My favourite shopping spree is not to the fancy fashion boutiques but rather a quick runaround the Coop, one of Switzerland's two supermarket giants. Further, I just cannot resist those Early Beck bakery's? Too many temptations in too many shapes and colours. I call it Swiss comfort food... here are some of my favourite.


Teatime on the balcony. A chocolate-filled Carac with my tea.


Expat Girls favourite: Chiacchiere di Carnevale


Take-away lunch on top of the mountain: the best hot dog ever!


The most Swiss of all drinks: Ramseier and Rivella


Hot chocolate last year in a cosy café...


Hot chocolate on-the-go this year due to Covid restrictions.



I'll take them all, please. Carac and Vermicelles.


No winter holiday is complete without a raclette accompanied by a glass of Fendant.


Gruyères' best kept secret outside of Switzerland: meringues and cream.


A typical Swiss light lunch: Laugenbrötli, Bündnerfleisch, Salat und Ramseier.


Cannot get enough of those tea cakes.


An epic chocolate bar for yourself or as a present.


This little lemon cake made it all the way back to Paris for teatime.

1 comment:

Nina - Expat Services said...

Now I'm hungry. I wonder how was your first time trying Rivella?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...