Sunday, July 28, 2013

Baking for Swiss National Day

August 1st is Swiss National Day. Of course, the traditional Bratwurst and Cervelat spring to mind. In the Ticino it would probably be the Luganighetta or Brasato con Polenta. However, I have a rather sweet tooth and therefore like to focuse on the sweet part of the meal.

This year I'll be baking Swiss muffins with a little help from Back-Art, a company based in Zurich from whom I have been ordering all my baking supplies online for years.


Edible Swiss butterflies seem like the perfect inspiration. A nice change from the square tradtional Swiss flag...no worries, we will have plenty of those posted in the garden.

So get out your baking gear and start making your favourite muffins, top them with some icing or whipped cream and stick a patriotic butterfly on top. Voilà!

If you are looking for a delicious chocolate muffin recipe check out my recipe blog here: http://expatwithkidsrecipes.blogspot.com.es/2012/02/chocolate-muffins.html


Happy 1.August to all of my readers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...